Organic Plant Care
Good Roots provides organic solutions for your plant health care needs.
Growing a healthy garden begins with building a healthy soil. Our approach is to build the health of the soil and make sure that your plants have the nutrients they need, when they need them, to help them grow and thrive. Using healthy, natural products such as compost, organic fertilizers, lime and more, we can proactively promote the health and vigor of your landscape. In addition to these soil amendments, we use proven cultural practices such as aeration, mulching, and proper pruning to also help maintain healthy plants. With a healthy system in place, the need for any pest control is drastically reduced. When nature dictates the need for more direct action again pests, organic pest control applications are available.
Examples of how we can help care for your trees, shrubs, and perennial gardens:
- Deep root fertilization for trees and shrubs
- Aeration of compacted soils around the base of trees and shrubs
- Garden fertilization
- Compost topdressing
- Soil testing and analysis
- Lime and other soil amending applications
- Garden soil renovation
- Leaf mulching
- Anti-desiccant applications and burlap wrapping for winter protection